AVEDA Earth Month 2021 The Intaglio Salon Point Ruston
Updated: Apr 4, 2021
April is Earth Month and Earth Month is AVEDA's homecoming. AVEDA's guiding principles: - The planet is our muse. - Botanicals and science create powerful products. - Vegan formulas rule all. - The wind and sun fuel our factories. - Recycled plastic gets a second life.
Since 2007, Aveda has been dedicated to protecting clean water. With April being Earth Month, AVEDA continues to champion such an array of activities this month supporting clean water.
Over 785 million people struggle to find clean water, the most fundamental element of life. AVEDA helps bring access to families in need with partner charity: water, a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing countries.
*Please note: These links will take you directly to charity: water.
Join us all month long as we highlight Earth Month activities in support of the ecological well being of the world we live in.
Since 1978, the AVEDA mission has always been to care for the world we live in. Following are some of the ways in which AVEDA gives back to the Earth..
1) NATURALLY DERIVED INGREDIENTS AVEDA crafts their products with naturally derived ingredients, all of their hair care collections are 90% naturally derived. Although the focus on using more natural ingredients may just now be catching on in the beauty industry, this has been part of the AVEDA ethos since the very beginning.
Their founding philosophy was far ahead of its time; they adopted a holistic thinking with the belief that individual beauty is directly linked to the world around us. The creation of AVEDA led to an incredible community, full of people like yourself, who value the power and potential of nature. They continue to build upon this philosophy and aim to maximize the use of naturally derived ingredients in their formulations.
When it comes to sourcing these ingredients, sustainability is at the very core of the AVEDA practice. Their responsible sourcing processes ensure that they harvest plant-based ingredients from renewable plant-based origins—all without negatively impacting the ecosystems from which they are sourced.
2) VEGAN AND CRUELTY FREE Caring for the Earth we live in means caring for those we live with, too. That’s why AVEDA only manufactures 100% vegan products that are cruelty free. They never test on animals and would never ask others to do so on their behalf.
3) RESPONSIBLE PACKAGING As a company, AVEDA believes they have a responsibility to minimize the environmental impact of their packaging. Toward this end, they strive to use 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) materials; when they can’t, they combine post-consumer recycled materials with bioplastic made from sugarcane, which is not detrimental to recycling systems. In fact, AVEDA blazed the trail in the beauty industry by creating bottles with 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) packaging, and are always looking for ways to improve.
4) RESPONSIBLE MANUFACTURING AVEDA has also led through its use of alternative energy sources in product manufacturing. First, they harnessed the power of the wind to manufacture all of their products with 100% wind power through renewable energy credits and carbon offsets. Since the completion of their solar array at AVEDA HQ, all of their products are now created with wind and solar-powered manufacturing.
5) PROTECTING THE HONEY BEES AVEDA is built upon the power of flower and plant essences, and without bees and their pollination, they couldn’t make all of the beautiful products we love.
AVEDA HQ is situated on a 58-acre National Wildlife Federation-Certified habitat, and they protect over 100,000 bees through colonies on this land. They help create an environment they can thrive in by providing thoughtfully chosen plants for food and shelter, plus trees and shrubs for nectar. Ample flowers allow the bees to pollinate, and all of their landscaping uses pesticide-free sustainable practices.
How can we help?
We can follow the AVEDA ethos and take action by consciously choosing products made with the environment in mind or shopping cruelty free products in other areas of our life. Look for sustainable brands with eco friendly business practices that actively support the environment. To cut down on the use of plastic we can also shop with a canvas tote and switch to a reusable water bottle. With every choice we make, we’re telling the world what’s important to us.
Be kind, be safe, help the world we live in!
The Intaglio Salon Team